Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 37 | You Were Made for a Mission


The Purpose Driven Life expanded edition


What on Earth Am I Here For?
Day 37 | You Were Made for a Mission
Notes from 3/29/13
Women's Small Group Bible Study pages 287-294
DAY 37: SHARING YOUR LIFE MESSAGE



Your Life Message has 4 parts:

1.       Your testimony:  the story of how you began a relationship with Jesus

2.       Your life lessons:  the most important lessons God has taught you

3.       Your godly passions:  the issues God shaped you to care about most

4.       The Good News:  the message of salvation

“be ready to write out your testimony” – pg. 289


Divide it into four parts:

1.       What my life was like before I met Jesus

2.       How I realized I needed Jesus

3.       How I committed my life to Jesus

4.       The difference Jesus has made in my life

Make a list of all the problems, circumstances, and crises that God has brought you through.

Life Lessons: Lessons and insights you have learned about God, relationships, problems, temptations, and other aspects about life.

David prayed “God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay on the course.”

*Have someone read Psalm 119:33

Mature people develop the habit of extracting lessons from everyday experiences. I urge you to make a list of your life lessons.

Here’s a few questions to jog your memory and get you started:

·         What has God taught me from failure?

·         What has God taught me from lack  of money?

·         What has God taught me from pain or sorrow or depression?

·         What has God taught me through waiting?

·         What has God taught me through illness?

·         What has God taught me from disappointment?

·         What have I learned from my family, my church, my relationships, my small group, and my critics?

God uses passionate people to further his kingdom – pg. 291

You should not expect everyone else to be passionate about your passion.
Question to Consider: As I reflect on my personal story, who does God want me to share it with?
Message to Hear: www.purposedriven.com/day37

SaraHHouse365 | Live Your Calling Small Group
SaraHHouse365 | Choosing Your Future