Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Purpose Driven Life | DAY 29 | Accepting Your Assignment


The Purpose Driven Life expanded edition
What on Earth Am I Here For?
Day 29  |  Accepting Your Assignment
Notes from 3/13/13
Women's Small Group Bible Study
pages 225-231



YOU WERE PUT ON THIS EARTH TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION.

You were created to add to life on earth, not just take from it.

If I have no love for others, no desire to serve others, I should question whether Christ is really in my life.

We are healed to help others.
We are blessed to be a blessing.
We are saved to serve, not to sit around and wait for heaven.

Regardless of your job or career, you are called to full-time Christian service.

DAY 29
Small or hidden ministries often make the biggest difference. In my home, the most important light is not the large chandelier in our dining room but the little night light that keeps me from stubbing my toe when I get up at night.

Today thousands of local churches are dying because of Christians who are unwilling to serve.

Impression without expression causes depression.
Most of the time we're more interested in "serve us" than service.

The mature follower of Jesus stops asking, "Who's going to meet my needs?" and starts asking, "Whose needs can I meet?" Do you ever ask that question?

Preparing for Eternity
At the end of your life on earth you will stand before God, and he is going to evaluate how well you served others with your life.
One day God will compare how much time and energy we spent on ourselves compared with what we invested in serving others.
At that point, all our excuses for self-centeredness will sound hollow: "I was too busy" or "I had my own goals" or "I was preoccupied with working, having fun, or preparing for retirement." To call excuses God will respond, "Sorry, wrong answer. I created, saved and called you and commanded you to live a life of service. What part did you not understand?"

We are only fully alive when we're helping others.

God wants you to learn to love and serve others unselfishly.

What matters is
 not the duration of your life, 
but the donation of it.
Not how long you lived,
but how you lived.




Day 30 | Shaped for Serving
Purpose Driven Life | Live Your Calling