Monday, August 6, 2012

CIAO for now! Josey Kent's adventures

A girl from my hometown took a change of scenery and decided to study abroad this summer to Italy! I've enjoyed reading Ms. Josey Kent's blog throughout her travels. In her most recent blog, she summed it up with this:
 
"------What I've learned from this experience is that it is so important to take a break from your busy, constant demanding schedule and even from your favorite people, your every day life and take more than a moment to yourself and enjoy it, don't feel guilty about it...(I struggled with this for awhile) but talk to God, love God, love everything, appreciate the little tiny things, the ability to be independent and meet and make friends with new people and appreciate differences. I don't remember the last time I've been so happy, and now I know why..... and everyone has different ways of knowing! I'm really not a cheesy person, but i'm feeling nostalgic as it's one of my last weeks in Europe, and I've had to say goodbye to so many people. However, this trip has also made me appreciate Ashby and Moorhead so much more, I misss my friends and family so much and my heart aches for you all quite a bit. I miss the safety, knowing everyone, homemade french toast, fresh water, my pooches and Starbucks. But, it won't be long before i'm back to reality, so until then.... I shall enjoy spending every penny of my loan... sorry DAD, and continue to discover Europe.  "
 
I love the way she summed it up! Especially the beginning part....
 
What I've learned from this experience is that it is so important to take a break from your busy, constant demanding schedule and even from your favorite people, your every day life and take more than a moment to yourself and enjoy it, don't feel guilty about it...(I struggled with this for awhile) but talk to God, love God, love everything, appreciate the little tiny things, the ability to be independent and meet and make friends with new people and appreciate differences.
 
 
Congratulations Josey!
 
You can read Josey's overseas adventures at : http://www.josiekent.blogspot.com/