Monday, March 26, 2012

25: a fun point to see where everybody's journey is at

Today I'm celebrating 25 years of life.

What does one do on their 25th birthday? Well, I've always wanted to hit up Disneyland and hadn't done it since moving to SoCal so I thought this was the perfect time to cross it off my bucket list! So yesterday my friend Steph and I spent the day at Disneyland bringing in the 2-5. First time there and man, it really is the happiest place on earth!! They gave me a button that said "Happy Birthday Sarah" so all day, the crew and strangers would say "Happy Birthday Sarah!" (and yes, I loved it!)

After returning from Disney, I fired up the laptop while sinking into the couch to check my Facebook wall. Oh my gosh - it blows me away how many people remembered my birthday!! ha, okay so obviously you all know Facebook tells you but you know what actually surprises me? How excited I get from the acknowledgement and caringness of all these loved ones in my life!! Seriously, I was surprised at how giddy I was! When I rolled over to check the time on my phone this morning, there was a notification that Joe Korkowski and 56 others have posted on your wall. Holy smokes world, I'm just rolling out of bed and you guys are already making my day! Birthday wishes from all over the United States including Florida, Minnesota (represent!), Faaaargo, Arizona, Chicago plus Sweden and even the Artic Ocean!



Last night after I saw people starting to post birthday wishes, I thought of each person in my life and how different they are. Everybody has such a great story to tell, I wonder where they were at at age 25? So I shared my thoughts and asked others to share where they were at in their journey at age 25.



Some of their replies:
Paige Bernier  25,let me see,that was 30 yrs. ago! I had 3 kids,that were 6-4 &1,I think you might know them,and I lived in lino lakes,Man Joey your making me think!UFF-DA
Brit Kaczmarek  Happy 25th bday!!! 1/4 of a century old!!! Enjoy it!!! 25 was wonderful for me, but it just keeps getting better!!!


Amber Nicole Mohrmann Live each day to the fullest... Enjoy every minute of everyday
Karen Plessner Larson I was married and pregnant with the girl who would become your best friend.
Denise Gauthier I was newly divorced with a 15 month old child. Probably NOT my best year, lol.

Hayley 'Rylander' Stevens I was living in Stockholm/Nacka!! Nannying!!! Smart to watch others kids at that age them have your own later ;-) I worked a Halloween party for a friend at her office then went out and painted the town til the sun came up!!!

Jessica Gephart Lamirand ‎25 was good. Newly married, must have been in Utah, working in a level 1 trauma center, having great fun and learning lots!
Nancy M. Johnson Happy Birthday Darling niece. Your 25th and mine are quite different. We had been married 4 years and Eric was 8 months old. Mark would be born 13 months from then. I was working at Sholom Home, my 2nd job as an RN. We lived in St Paul. I did not have the interesting life that you do but I have loved the life God gave me. I know you'll have a life you can look back on and say how you've loved the path God gave you too. May God bless you and keep you little Missy. Continue that 'walk' with HIM. I love you. We love you. D and N
Holly Colberg Wendland When I was 25 I went back to school. I found my speech from graduation yesterday while spring cleaning. I wrote make sure you follow your heart and try new things that seem scary at any age.
Lori Risbrudt Happy birthday, Sarah. No advice. Live everyday.I think you do that. so...cool. Have a great day.
Joyce Rylander ‎@25 I was pregnant with my 3rd child, same town, same house as now. Happy Birthday Sarah JoAnn, Love ya!! Have a Great Day!!!!!
Josey Smith I met Josh when I was 25!
Darcie Fitzgerald   Happy Birthday to you! To answer your ?....at 25 I was living in Hermosa Beach having the time of my life!


Renee House   A few weeks after I turned 25 What I thought what was a hurnia was really Jamison!!! Our beautiful baby boy was conceived!!!!:)

25 is funny. Look at how everybody is a different stage at life. Some are married, others just getting divorced. Some are pregnant, others nannying. Some fresh out of school, others going back to school.
Thanks for sharing where you were at in your journeys! I enjoyed reading them!
Some of my friends are married and already have children. Others are pregnant, in fact, I received a suprising picturetext of an ultra sound wishing me a happy birthday today! Such a fun way to receive the news!!
Received a text today: "Someone wants
 to wish you the very happiest of birthdays!"
I think at all stages of your 20's you think about settling down and starting a family. I've thought about it for a couple years and where it will fit into my life. I think most girls do the thought process something like this, "When I meet the guy, we'll have to date for atleast this long, then of course be engaged for a year, then I'd like to get pregnant a year after we get married so we have a little time to settle down and travel before having kids." You know we all do it!!
So funny reading those stories; after reading them, I stopped and looked at each individual and their journey. Today each individual is pretty happy I'd say. They all have great stories of how they came to where they are at today.
I am blessed.
Christmas 2011. What a year!
If you would've asked me on March 26, 2007 at age 20 where I thought I'd be in 5 years, there's no way I would've replied with where I'm at. With that being said, I wouldn't trade the last 5 years of my life for anything. I would do them all over again in a heartbeat! Why? Because I've met some of the most interesting people and learned some of the greatest lessons over the last 5 years. I've had some great adventures and some not so great but I've learned from both. I've lost loved ones but also gained. I'm so unbelievably blessed where I'm at in life and couldn't be happier. At age 30 in 2017, maybe I'll be blogging the same thing waiting for my hubby to get home while the kids are napping or maybe I'll be the founder of a new narcolepsy foundation or maybe I'll be working at an orphanage in Asia. Who knows! Whatever it is that's in store, all I know is that I have a good God who has a great plan for my life!
Thanks again to everybody who took the time to call, text, Facebook, Tweet, email, send cards to wish a happy birthday. You guys are amazing!

Lesson in summary: Celebrate your life!  Write down lessons. Take 5 sec. to wish others happy birthday on their Facebook wall, it really adds up! But don't get too caught up in technology to send cards in the mail. Go to Disneyland atleast once in your life. Be grateful...always! Remember that both the good and the bad shape you who you are today. Celebrate the diversity in our journeys, not everybody is going to have the same story, that's the fun. Attitude is 90%. Serve others. Be #2.
Trust in the Lord. He has great plans for your life!
By the way, for those of you who are reading my blog for the first time, here's a little explanation in blog post #1 why I started it.

_____________________________________________________________
SaraHHouse365 | 101 Important Principles to Live by Everyday
SaraHHouse365 | You should do them.
SaraHHouse365 | Staying Passionate about Life!